Tuesday, August 16, 2011

BARENATURALS: Luminance (Skin perfecting, whitening emu oil) ♥


^picture taken from Bare Naturals' multiply page
Bare Naturals is my favorite brand when it comes to skin care. I love Bare Naturals and it's not that I don't appreciate the other ones as much as I do with BN's. Don't get me wrong. Maybe it has something to do with being the first. It's just so... special. I had just started paying meticulous attention to my skin two years ago and this is the first brand, I had ever tried and have fallen in love with. At first, all I ever did was stalk their multiply page and contemplate on whether I would buy their products or not. Fortunately, curiosity got the best of me, since I was the type of girl that can be easily swayed by the detailed descriptions and the cute packaging. 


Whenever I read forums or reviews about BN, I'd see some negativity about the pesky customer service of the said company; however, I did not suffer the same fate as some have did. Miss Lami (the woman behind BN), was very accommodating and patient with me :) She's really nice and answers all my questions truthfully and confidently. 


PLUS, I don't find enough reviews for them when clearly, this brand deserves the hype. 


 I LOVE THIS BRAND and their products work wonders for me. 


Anyway back to the emu oil,
Sorry for the poor img quality :P Anyway this was their old packaging :)

"LUMINANCE: Skin Perfecting WHITENING EMU oil is simply emu oil plus KABUKI extracts, proportionately mixed to achieve skin lightening."

The emu oil is in a pump jar shrink-wrap sealed container.

Okay, it's not that attractive but I still find it simple and cute. Quite hygienic, since it's a shrink-sealed pump type. Pumps just the right amount of oil for your face. I can also bring it anywhere with me without worries. (It's not glass, it won't break... it won't spill too)

Consistency, well just like your regular oil.. It's white and creamy, easy to spread. Mine doesn't smell. Wait. If your emu oil smells like chicken, do not fret. It's normal. I MEAN IT DID COME FROM A BIRD. What do you expect? @-)

According to the site, 

Emu Oil has hyper-oxygenated properties that effectively draws the blood supply to the topically applied area, accelerating circulation. This speeds up healing time for wounds and is helpful for anti-aging. It is anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, so it will not clog pores. Emu Oil contains EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids), an important essential oil for a healthy lifestyle.
• Diabetes Skin breakdown
• Anti-aging
• Wound healing
• Superior to DMSO
• Hair loss
• Allergy
• Psoriasis
• Healing
• Skin growth
Emu Oil contains natural anti-inflammatory, healing properties with a wide range of omega oils that are known to facilitate good health. It contains a complete source of essential fatty acids. Incredibly, this amazing oil contains omega 3,6,9 essential fatty acids and is a powerful skin moisturizer and possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties among many other health benefits.
The primary function of EFA's is the production of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances that regulate many of the body functions, including heart rate, blood pressure, blood clotting, fertility and conception.

To use this fabulous oil, simply take a drop or two in the palm of your hand and massage into face, hands or body. This oil will last a very long time since you only use small amounts! 

Anti-inflammatory (results are similar to store-bought medications)
Bacteriostatic (does not promote the growth of bacteria)
Hypoallergenic (will not cause skin irritation or have any side effects)
Highly penetrating (non-greasy, absorbs without leaving a greasy feel)
Non-comedogenic (will not clog pores)
Emu Oil naturally contains:
Vitamin E- skin-healing antioxidant
Vitamin A-antioxidant that repairs the skin
Linoleic acid- eases muscle aches and pains
Oleic acid-eliminates wrinkles and regenerates skin cells
Sapogens-skin softeners
Terpines- antiseptics
acne
aging skin
Alopecia Areata
arthritis
athletes foot
beauty aid
bruising
burns
carpal tunnel syndrome
chapped lips
chron's/IBD
conditioning hair
cosmetic
cuts & lacerations
diaper rash
dry skin
eczema
fibromyalgia
hair loss
ichthyosis
insect bites
irritated skin
itching
joint pain
lowers Cholesterol
massage
moisturizer
muscle pain & spasms
pain relief
psoriasis
radiation burns
razor burn & nicks
rosacea
scar prevention
sciatica
scrapes & scratches
shingles
skin fundus
skin rashes
skin hydration
sore muscles
stiffness
stretch marks
sunburn relief
surgery scars
swelling
tendonitis
wrinkles & fine lines

This oil makes a PERFECT BASE for mineral foundation. Simply apply a small amount of 100% Pure Emu Oil in the morning and let it thoroughly soak into your skin. Then buff on your minerals for a flawless, smooth finish all day! 


Grade 'A', Australian Emu Oil, produced under the Strict Australian Emu Oil regulations (equivalent to the USDA). The birds are totally free range, feeding on an all natural diet, which includes natural plants with antibiotic properties. No growth hormones or medicines are used, and they are not fed on corn, meat
meal or hydrogenated oil feed. This is the real thing, as natural as you can get. All the natural fatty acids are preserved by low temperature refining processes and refrigerated storage.
NOTE:
Research has shown that emu oil is almost 100% Triglyceride which means that
emu oil is nearly a complete neutral lipid. Since emu oil lacks phospholipids and the human skin is phospholipid deficient, the transdermal properties are phenomenal.
Thus, when emu oil is mixed with herbs known for their ability of acting on skin or muscle-joint problems, the results can be extraordinary.

You can also use this at night! It will restore, rejuvenate, smooth, clear and soften your skin, no matter your skin type!


I opted to mix more Kabuki Extracts to my emu oil, to make the whitening more potent. As soon as I finish bathing or washing my face, I would pump a few drops and massage it on my face for a minute or two, carefully patting. Ever since I have been using emu oil, my skin became softer, smoother and whiter. It also helps magnify the benefits of my night cream leaving my face fresh and glowing, the day after. It helped control my acne as I rarely break out and when I do, it's not as worst as it once was. No more cystic pimples for me. My pores were a lot smaller and finer and my acne scars are all but fading. It never did irritate or aggravate my skin :)

And yes, it's a good make up base as it gives you a dewy, flawless finish. Don't apply too much though. You'd look like a grease ball. A little surely goes a long way! I've been using my 50 ml oil for seven months now and I have 1/4 of the product left. I guess it would take me a year or three more months before finally finishing the bottle.

BEST PART? I can finally go on without make-up! Emu oil + moisturizer/sunscreen + lip and cheek tint is enough :D

The oil is multipurpose too. From wounds, to chapped lips, to insect bites, to aching joints, to scars... It works ;)

I even tried it on my underarms to get rid of my chicken skin. :)

Price wise? YES!! I will definitely repurchase this baby as it only cost me 578 pesos (50 ml) and goes a loooooooooong way. <3

BEFORE


Dry, flaky uneven skin.

AFTER 6 MONTHS OF USING EMU OIL...

Clear, smooth, fair skin :)

No makeup, unedited.

I know the img quality sucks and all that but I'm positive I could see the difference!
:)


        So... care to share your thoughts? :)
Emu oil testimonials?
Bare naturals experience?

Please do so on the comment bar!
I'll be glad to reply. :)
And I hope you could follow me~~ Pretty please?
Thank youuu! Till next time!



xoxo,
     
  TINEE


7 comments:

  1. hi tinay,
    thanks for dropping by my blog.
    I see that you recently just started blogging. I hope you enjoy blogging like I do. I followed you back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to follow my blog and add it to your blogroll...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love EMU oil but i bought it from V&M. I removes one of my face warts. Refined ba to o pure emu oil? BTW just followed you blog, hope you followed mine too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hollie - Aww thank you for following miss hollie! Sure I will!!! :)

    @Sweetheastia - Well we all have our preferences. :P I'm hiyang with Bn's naman. :) well accdg to their website it's 100% pure and refined. :) I want to try their ultra clear emu oil :)) It's supposed to absorb faster than the regular ones yup i followed you back! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it really good for whitening??? Thanks for commenting on my blog babe! I'm a new follower btw mind following back?

    I'm having my first giveaway come join? <3

    http://theshoebunny.blogspot.com/2011/08/100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pretty! Followed back..thanks for following:)
    http://leahfatandfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony EMU Farm-This is an important product in emu-farming. From the fat oil can be extracted. This oil gets absorbed in human skin within 4-5 seconds and reach the bones. Hence this oil is mainly used in skin ointments and also for various cosmetic products. Recent research shows that this oil serves as excellent medicine for arthritis. It is also used as a pain killer.

    The fatty acids present in this oil decrease the blood-cholesterol level as per the modern research. Because of the medicinal value of this oil, western countries are capturing international markets by producting new cosmetics creams & lotions from this oil. India too has a great opportunity to enter in to international market.

    Quick Contact : 91-9893198014
    tonyemufarm@gmail.com
    http://tonyemufarm.com

    ReplyDelete