Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snoe Parallel Pigments AKA CC Cream

What makes CC Cream special?

CC cream, also known as Color Control cream, is an improved and refined blemish balm cream or Beauty Balm created and developed in Korea. BB cream was originally formulated in Germany and has in recent years gained a huge following in Asia and is quickly making its way to Europe and the USA for its skin-regenerating properties. CC cream is now also widely used in Asia to provide natural-looking skin coverage. While BB cream was manufactured primarily as a skincare product, CC cream was developed to retain all the skincare benefits of BB cream with added nourishing ingredients and the additional aim to provide more effective skin coverage. CC cream is the newest miracle beauty product available and was formulated with technology originating in industry-leader Japan and further developed in Korea.
The benefits of CC cream is said to include high SPF rating to ensure protection from damaging UVA and UVB rays. It also treats and covers uneven skin tones more effectively and blends with skin tone better than BB creams that sometimes appear too light on certain skin tones. A lighter texture than that of BB cream also allows for smoother application with a less oily finish, while remaining extremely nourishing to the skin. The end effect is said to be surprisingly natural and flawlessly radiant complexion than that of BB cream. -Wikipedia




Wish granted. My family and I went out last night to do some rush Christmas shopping. Mom was in the mood, so she bought me this and a bottle of Emu.tox. Hooray! :) I'm assuming it's her post birthday presents for me. Hehe.


Parallel Pigments CC Cream was developed to retain all the skincare benefits of BB cream with added nourishing ingredients and the additional aim to provide more effective color correction.
Contains:
Banana- provides antioxidant Vitamin C, vitamin B6 and Manganese for healthy skin.
Guava- Vitamin K, C & lycopene to treat skin discoloration, such as dark circles, spider veins, rosacea, acne irritation and overall splotchiness, skin healing and prevention of DNA damage
Acai berry- Most powerful and nutritious fruit in the world. Contains the highest level of antioxidants than any other fruit.

Directions:


Prep skin prior to makeup application. This product can be applied with fingers, brush or sponge onto entire face or in areas requiring correction. Pat or stipple into skin a sheer layer making sure to cover all angles, lines and uneven surfaces before foundation. Set with finishing powder.

Price: 399 pesos for 12g





Comes with a doe-foot applicator for precise application. Now this might be an issue for some as double dipping is unhygienic. It might even affect your makeup's longevity. Personally, it's fine with me. I just hate the fact that I can't maximize a good 'ol product because I can't reach the sides of the tube. :)


Swatching :) I've bought the shade in Honey (covers bluish under-eye circles, bruises, facial veins & birth marks). There are three more shades mainly: Grass (covers red blemishes and blotchy skin), Wheat (gives a subtle glow to dull skin and will boost radiance) and Lavender (brightens sallow skin). 





I love how light and fluid the consistency is. It blends and spreads easily too. Correct me if I'm wrong (still a make-up noobie, okay?:P), but the finish is satin. Or maybe semi-dewy.

Testing, testing!! :)

*with one layer, spread on both eye circles :)
Before:

No Make-Up! 
After:

Snoe CC Cream + Mineral Foundie (brushed lightly)
*if you've noticed, i'm sort of peeling in some parts of my face :) that's due to my glycolic toner :)
I don't look too much wasted now, do I? Considering the fact that I cried and slept late last night (couple's squabble). Hehehe. I do feel much better now, thanks to this! Make-up therapy <3

Overall Review:

- CC Cream isn't sticky, it's moisturizing but it doesn't make me oily (but too be safe, set with powder or maybe Snoe's Poudre Extraordinaire).
- it did not dry nor crease on my undereyes
-buildable coverage
-no flaking, no patchiness
-THE SMELL! Omg it smells sweet and yummy :P may pagka-amoy banana :)
-it makes my skin radiant
-brightening
- a little goes a long way
-more benefits than bb cream
-the packaging is ok, you can bring it anywhere (it's like a big concealer =))

I'm not sure if I'll be buying Wheat because Honey already did its job! Haha! I might try Lavender and Grass. :) I'll be updating this post a week after, as I will be road testing this baby for a few days to see if there'll be any changes plus. So there.

till next time!!

Have you tried any of Snoe's new products? Comment below! Let's talk! :)








17 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by at my blog:))

    Personally, didn't like the effect of it.. or maybe it just didn't match my color.. good things it matches your skin :)

    eyahnism.info :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at first i was hesitant as i'm more used to thicker, goopier coverage :P but i'm very happy with this one. glowing labas sakin :) except for the price haha since diba x2 niya isang bb cream na sa etude :) it's a good alternative to tinted moisturizers and if habol talaga skin benefits :) yup lucky it did match my skin! otherwise... :(

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a CC cream before! I've tried BB creams, but I've yet to find a CC cream that interests me enough to buy.

    Thanks for following by the way, I'm following back now(:

    Elle
    Lipstick & Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! CC Creams are quite new in the market. :) Olay has one right? :) Don't worry I'm sure the Japanese or the Koreans will formulate bigger, badder CC Creams soon! :D

      Delete
  3. I have been searching for snoe cc cream review and thanks so much for sharing this! I think I'll go ahead and purchase one! Great review by the way =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been searching too, but there's no reviews yet so I thought I'd share my two cents for you guys! :) You're welcome :) Thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks for following :) followed back!

      Delete
  5. I love their CC cream! I'm currently using the one in Wheat as a base for my BB cream and so far I'm in love! And yes you're right, it SMELLS heavenly! In fact, I'm tempted to eat it sometimes! Haha! Thanks for the review! Oh and I'm a new follower by the way. It would be lovely if you could follow me back too! :)

    Jem,
    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can do a review on Wheat too!! :) I'm having mixed feelings if I should purchase Wheat, baka kasi same lang sila ng Honey eh :P It smells really good noh? Hmm well out of curiousity I err licked the back of my hand where I swatched it. HAHAHAAHA unfortunately, no sweet taste :( Followed back!! :)

      Delete
  6. I thought I wouldn't like it because of the consistency as I am used to creamier concealers. I was wrong! I love it! I'm using Honey for my under eye area as well. It's really easy to blend and has a very nice scent!

    Following you now! :)
    -Iya
    http://iyaboto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Followed back :) Yup that's what I initially thought too!! At first I was like, "Ay parang sheer naman toh" :))

      Delete
  7. I also bit into the hype that is cc cream. For me, I found that its more thicker than bb cream and has more coverage. I usually skip foundation na. when I used it. I might just try this product when mine runs out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it :) there's not really much to lose haha :) i skip foundation too when i use bb cream, for me bb cream's coverage is enough. :)

      Delete
  8. love the coverage on you. i was almost tempted to buy this one last time i went in a snoe boutique but skipped it muna to look for reviews. now i'm thinking again... hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :) haha you'll love the smell!! it's tempting too eat :) my mom likes this cc cream too btw :)

      Delete
  9. I'm not against the hygiene stuff, but just like you, I really hate not being able to maximize the product usage. >.<" And lucky you, your dark circles aren't as bad as mine. T.T

    Thanks for the review. Will get hands on this the next time I go out. =D

    Pastel Kisses,
    Sie Cajilig
    http://pastelrave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete